As a specialist in building custom lake homes, RL Baker Construction has extensive experience in building homes close to water, but ones that are energy efficient and environmentally friendly. We make incorporating green technology into your house a seamless process. Enjoy the luxury of a custom-built home, while being environmentally conscious with our construction and design services.
Elements of a Green Lake Home by RL Baker
We design each green home to be as energy efficient as possible, while still incorporating the unique features and aesthetic of the homeowner. We focus heavily on energy efficiency by utilizing solar panels, incorporating water efficiency systems, installing high efficiency appliances, and buying building materials that are renewable and from local sources to cut down on the carbon footprint of the home.
Our homes meet or exceed the minimum criteria for:
- EPA Energy Star Version 3 Home
- EPA Energy Star Version 3.1 Home
- ASHRAE Standard 90.2 – 1992
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
The benefits of a Green Lake Home
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Long-term savings on energy bills
- Less toxic waste is emitted into the environment during construction
- Utilizes renewable and clean energy sources
- Higher home value
- You may qualify for specific tax breaks
Green Home Remodel
Not only does RL Baker Construction build green lake homes from scratch, we also do remodels and additions using green technology. We do so by utilizing as much of the existing materials as possible, like the current foundation, instead of starting from scratch. The materials that can not be repurposed for your remodel are taken to Habitat for Humanity to be recycled within another home.
Contact us today for more information about the new construction or remodel of your existing lake house.