As a custom home builder, R.L. Baker Construction has extensive experience in building homes, that are energy efficient and environmentally friendly. We make incorporating green technology into your house a seamless process. Enjoy the luxury of a custom-built home, while being environmentally conscious with our construction and design services.
Elements of a Green Lake Home by R.L. Baker
We design each home to be as green and energy efficient as possible, while incorporating the unique features of our home owner’s life style. We focus heavily on energy efficiency, utilizing closed cell foam and cellulose insulation, installing high efficiency heating and cooling equipment, buying building materials that are renewable and locally sourcing product to cut down on the carbon footprint of the home.
Our homes meet or exceed the minimum criteria:
- Provide industry leading home energy certificates. R.L. Baker Construction’s average rating is 52.5 on the HERS index for total energy consumption.
- HERS ratings are obtained by using today’s high efficiency furnaces, boilers, water heaters and A/C units. Blower door testing and 3rd party inspections provide the information on our behalf.
- EPA Energy Star Version 3 Home
- EPA Energy Star Version 3.1 Home
- ASHRAE Standard 90.2 – 1992
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
The benefits of a Green Lake Home
- Reduced carbon footprint by purchasing locally sourced building materials and finishes
- Long-term savings on energy bills
- Less toxic waste is emitted into the environment during construction and manufacturing of these products
- Utilized renewable and regional building products
- Higher home value
- You may qualify for specific tax breaks
Green Home Remodel
R.L. Baker Construction builds green homes from design to occupancy. We also do renovations and additions using green technology. We do so by utilizing as much of the existing structure as possible, like current foundation, well and septic systems as well as existing finishes which do not need to be replaced. Often these materials that are not be repurposed for your remodel are taken to Habitat for Humanity to be recycled within another home.
Contact us today for more information about the new construction or remodel of your existing lake house.