- EPA Energy Star Version 3 Home
- EPA Energy Star Version 3.1 Home
- ASHRAE Standard 90.2 – 1992
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
Green Built Lake Homes in Michigan
As a custom home builder, R.L. Baker Construction has extensive experience in building homes that are energy efficient and environmentally friendly. We make incorporating green technology into your home a seamless process. Enjoy the luxury of a custom-built home, while being environmentally conscious with our construction and design services.
Elements of a Green Lake Home by R.L. Baker
We design each home to be as green and energy efficient as possible, while incorporating the unique features of our home owner’s lifestyle. We focus heavily on energy efficiency, utilizing closed cell foam and cellulose insulation, installing high efficiency heating and cooling equipment, buying building materials that are renewable and locally sourcing products to cut down on the carbon footprint of the home.
Green Home Remodel
Not only does RL Baker Construction build green lake homes from scratch, we also do remodels and additions using green technology. We do so by utilizing as much of the existing materials as possible, like the current foundation, instead of starting from scratch. The materials that can not be repurposed for your remodel are taken to Habitat for Humanity to be recycled within another home.
Our homes meet or exceed the minimum criteria for:
The benefits of a Green Lake Home
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Long-term savings on energy bills
- Less toxic waste is emitted into the environment during construction
- Utilizes renewable and clean energy sources
- Higher home value
- You may qualify for specific tax breaks